The African Centre for Media Excellence invites expressions of interest from qualified candidates to lead a research project to monitor the media’s coverage of the 2022 elections.
The project consultant/lead researcher shall work closely with the ACME research team on the following activities:
- Develop and refine the media monitoring design (research tool);
- Participate in the training of coders;
- Oversee quality control over the output of coders and the whole monitoring project;
- Provide the preliminary analysis of the monitoring findings;
- Participate in the review of media monitoring reports, ensuring they conform to best practice;
- Write/edit the media monitoring reports;
- Attend the monthly meeting of ACME’s partners to discuss the monitoring findings before they are released to the public;
- Participate in dissemination meetings;
- Perform any related responsibilities.
Please refer to the Terms of reference for consultancy on monitoring media coverage of 2022 elections in Kenya for full information on the monitoring project, the scope of work, expertise required and application methodology.