The African Centre for Media Excellence runs the annual Uganda National Journalism Awards. The Awards were launched in 2014 with the goal of improving the quality of journalism in Uganda by inspiring and recognising excellence in reporting on public affairs issues. The awards are open to all Ugandan journalists who are professional and competent, but also exhibit a passion for in-depth public affairs reporting and investigative journalism. The specific objectives of the awards scheme are to:
- Inspire young journalists to embrace enterprise and investigative journalism.
- Increase the quantity and quality of public affairs reporting and investigative journalism.
- Promote accurate, knowledgeable, enterprise and investigative reporting in all media.
- Increase the diversity of voices in media coverage.
The awards are given based on the following criteria:
- Reporting accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Writing style, language and storytelling technique.
- Originality and enterprise in reporting.
- Reporting rigor, depth and breadth of discussion and engagement.
- Skill in use of journalistic tools for original reporting.
- Insight, analysis and examination of the context of the story.
- Relevance and public impact or benefit.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com