- Course title: Radio documentary production
- Duration: Five days, commencing on 6 November 2017
- Teaching mode: Full-time, illustrated lectures and hands-on practical sessions
- Cost: Free
- Entry Requirements: Applicants must have at least two years of radio reporting or production experience and must work for radio stations based in the districts of Buliisa, Bundibugyo, Hoima, Kabarole, Kagadi, Kamwenge, Kanungu, Kasese, Kibaale, Kyenjojo Masindi, Ntoroko or Rubirizi.
- Number of slots: 15
- Closing date for applications: Monday 30 October, 2017
The African Centre for Media Excellence is excited to announce an open call for those interested in producing high quality, engaging radio documentaries. The five-day intensive master class, made available with the generous support of the Ford Foundation, will equip you with the practical skills and knowledge to hone your radio documentary production.
Successful applicants will work closely with ACME’s training team to develop their technical skills alongside those needed to compete in the business of radio, such as pitching and getting documentaries to air.
Whether you want intensive time and feedback on an existing project, or are a documentary rookie, the course will lift your skills and inspire you in your work. Through a mixture of structured and unstructured writing sessions, participants will examine in some detail the specific attributes of creating audio stories and listen to a range of audio features to develop experimentary shorts, features and radio documentaries.
Please also note that we require all participants to have their own recording equipment to use for the duration of the program.
How to apply
For admission to the workshop, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Master class on radio documentary production’:
- One work sample of no more than 15 minutes of a feature, magazine programme or documentary. If the sample is not in English, please send a translated transcript of the recording.
- A biography of no more than 200 words.
- A brief statement of no more than 200 words explaining how deepening your skills in documentary production will contribute to your professional development and that of your media house.
- A letter of support, signed and on official headed paper, from the station manager or programmes manager.
Priority will be given to applicants who have not participated in ACME’s training programmes in the past 12 months.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY 30 OCTOBER, 2017.