- DEADLINE for applications is Wednesday, 19 July 2017
- Successful applicants will receive a letter of acceptance by Monday, 24 July 2017.
The African Centre for Media Excellence (ACME) invites new journalists based in and around the districts of Gulu and Lira to apply for its Foundations of Journalism training workshops. The three-day workshops, supported by the Democratic Governance Facility (DGF), equip new journalists with the knowledge and skills to effectively investigate and cover public affairs.
Who can apply
- Print, radio, television and online journalists with no more than two years experience.
- Journalists with no/limited formal journalism training are particularly encouraged to apply.
Media and society; traditional and new storytelling forms; framing the news; story pitching; sourcing; interviewing skills; media ethics and law; using social media in reporting; and public affairs reporting.
The first workshop, which will be held in Gulu, will take place from 2-4 August 2017.
The second workshop, which will be held in Lira, will take place from 7-9 August 2017.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com and include the following details:
-Letter of introduction from editor/supervisor
– Explanatory note on the potential use of training knowledge after the course. The note MUST include the following information:
- Media house and name of editorial supervisor
- Current position at the media house named above
- District where the media house is located
- Name of the town or city in which you work
- Years/months of journalism practice
- Why should you be considered for this workshop
- Phone number and email of your editor, manager or editorial supervisor
- Your telephone contact