Are you a student in your second, third or fourth year of university study? Are you a graduate who finished school in the last two years? Are you looking to do internship at a non-profit media development organisation that values and rewards talent? The African Centre for Media Excellence is the place for you.
ACME is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide a limited number of unpaid internship placements each year for college and university students and other professionals interested in participating in the implementation of ACME’s mission.
To apply for internship placement, fill out this application form. Only complete application forms containing accurate information will be considered by the placement team.
All individuals seeking internship must be computer literate, demonstrate interest in public affairs, possess high ethical standards, have good written and oral skills, have critical thinking ability, and be happy to play as part of a team.
Interns will work under the broad terms and conditions set out below.
- Work for at least four days a week.
- The internships are unpaid – there will be no salaries or wages.
- Transport, lunch and telephone allowances will be given.
- Each intern shall keep a journal that documents activities both current and planned for the week ahead.
An ACME internship offers exciting benefits. Interns will:
- Sharpen their writing, communication and organisational skills.
- Establish a network of contacts from the worlds of journalism, public policy, academe, and civil society.
- Expand their knowledge by sitting in on the numerous ACME trainings conducted by expert trainers and guest speakers, and through taking full advantage of our growing library.
- Enjoy high-speed Internet.
- Learn to use new technologies to work efficiently.
International interns shall be bound by the terms and conditions as well as enjoy the benefits set out here. They will, however, have to meet the costs of a return air ticket, accommodation, and meals other than lunch while doing ACME work. They will also meet other costs associated with their ordinary stay in Uganda.
To apply for an internship placement at ACME, fill out this form.
Really sounds like an interesting and interactive learning and working environment. I hope to join the team in January.
I will semd in my documents soon
Hello,thanks for the good work u r doing
Thank you for the good work am looking forward to joining the team.
An opportunity worth grabbing!
Am interested in doing internship with you. How can get to your organisation? Am a student of Journalism and Communication in my third year.
that’s impressive. when is the advert for this year’s internship(2018)?
I really want to be part of you people for my internship due this very year for journalism. You inspire me
Hopefully I can get a placement with you people for my internship this year
This is a great opportunity for mi to look up to you people for my dreams accomplishment.am a second year student of bachlor of science in journalism at nkumba university and ma internship is due this holidays..meet u guys soon
Do u receive students pursuing bachelors of arts in economics?
We shall be in torch
2019 internship programmes
When are you opening up the June to August Internship opportunities 2020?