Are you a student in your second, third or fourth year of university study? Are you a graduate who finished school in the last two years? Are you looking to do internship at a non-profit media development organisation that values and rewards talent? The African Centre for Media Excellence is the place for you.
ACME offers internship opportunities throughout the year in the following areas: journalism and communication; ICT; media research; media monitoring; free expression advocacy; office administration and management. Keep checking here to see which specific internships are open. Internship applications are welcome from Ugandans and non-Ugandans wherever they maybe. Should you see a particular internship that interests you, let’s get talking by you emailing us (email@example.com) the following:
- Cover letter of one page.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Academic transcript(s). (Students are also required to provide academic transcripts for the semesters already completed.)
- Two writing samples of no more than five pages each.
- Two references (we do not require reference letters; but we do require each referee’s name, affiliation i.e. job and position, relationship to you the applicant, and contact information.)
All individuals seeking internship must be computer literate and have a presence on social media; demonstrate interest in public affairs; possess high ethical standards; have good written and oral skills; have critical thinking ability; and be happy to play as part of a team.
Interns will work under the broad terms and conditions set out below.
- Work for at least four days a week.
- The internships are unpaid – there will be no salaries or wages.
- Transport, lunch and telephone allowances will be given.
- Each intern shall keep a journal that documents activities both current and planned for the week ahead.
An ACME internship offers exciting benefits. Interns will:
- Sharpen their writing, communication and organisational skills.
- Establish a network of contacts from the worlds of journalism, public policy, academe, and civil society.
- Expand their knowledge by sitting in on the numerous ACME trainings conducted by expert trainers and guest speakers, and through taking full advantage of our growing library.
- Enjoy high-speed Internet.
- Learn to use new technologies to work efficiently.
International interns shall be bound by the terms and conditions as well as enjoy the benefits set out here. They will, however, have to meet the costs of a return air ticket, accommodation, and meals other than lunch while doing ACME work. They will also meet other costs associated with their ordinary stay in Uganda.