Are you a student in your second, third or fourth year of university study? Are you a graduate who finished school in the last two years? Are you looking to do internship at a non-profit media development organisation that values and rewards talent? The African Centre for Media Excellence is the place for you.
ACME is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide a limited number of unpaid internship placements each year for college and university students and other professionals interested in participating in the implementation of ACME’s mission.
To apply for internship placement, fill out this application form. Only complete application forms containing accurate information will be considered by the placement team.
All individuals seeking internship must be computer literate, demonstrate interest in public affairs, possess high ethical standards, have good written and oral skills, have critical thinking ability, and be happy to play as part of a team.
Interns will work under the broad terms and conditions set out below.
- Work for at least four days a week.
- The internships are unpaid – there will be no salaries or wages.
- Transport, lunch and telephone allowances will be given.
- Each intern shall keep a journal that documents activities both current and planned for the week ahead.
An ACME internship offers exciting benefits. Interns will:
- Sharpen their writing, communication and organisational skills.
- Establish a network of contacts from the worlds of journalism, public policy, academe, and civil society.
- Expand their knowledge by sitting in on the numerous ACME trainings conducted by expert trainers and guest speakers, and through taking full advantage of our growing library.
- Enjoy high-speed Internet.
- Learn to use new technologies to work efficiently.
International interns shall be bound by the terms and conditions as well as enjoy the benefits set out here. They will, however, have to meet the costs of a return air ticket, accommodation, and meals other than lunch while doing ACME work. They will also meet other costs associated with their ordinary stay in Uganda.
To apply for an internship placement at ACME, fill out this form.