The African Centre for Media Excellence (ACME) is undertaking a research project to monitor media coverage of the 2021 General Elections. The purpose of the project is to assess the nature of media coverage of the 2021 elections, document whether media coverage contributes to a free and fair electoral process, and promote professionalism in media coverage. The project conceives of media monitoring as a process of constructive intervention whereby identified gaps and concerns about coverage are addressed before the elections with media houses and journalists, based on electoral reporting guidelines agreed to by stakeholders.
The project goal is to contribute to accurate, fair, impartial, and balanced coverage of the 2021 elections.
- To monitor, document, and share trends in media coverage of the 2021 general elections.
- To monitor media compliance with election reporting guidelines and regulations.
- To influence journalists, editors, and media owners to provide information that is more accurate, impartial and fair.
- To empower civil society and the public to demand adherence to professional standards in media coverage of elections.
Will work closely with ACME’s programme officer for research and media monitoring to identify election-related stories and enter data on coding sheets and the electronic system as appropriate.
Programme Officer, Research and Media Monitoring
- Identify election-related stories published in select media platforms.
- Enter data on coding sheets and the electronic system as appropriate.
- Comply with data integrity and accuracy guidelines.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the project manager.
- Perform any such related activities that will enhance ACME’s work in helping journalists seek and achieve professional excellence as well as helping to make Ugandan media more reliable and credible sources of information on elections and vibrant forums for public debate.
Diploma or degree in journalism or communication.
WHAT APPLICANTS SHOULD DO
- Submit a cover letter/application
- Submit a CV
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Wednesday, 7 October 2020
15 October 2020 – 28 February 2021
SEND APPLICATIONS TO THE FINANCE ADMINISTRATION OFFICER at firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com