WHAT? Training in data journalism with specific focus on data generated from Uganda’s oil, gas, and mining sectors.
WHEN? Course A: Monday, 29 July—Thursday, 1 August 2019; Course B: Tuesday, 1-4 October 2019.
WHERE? African Centre for Media Excellence, Kampala.
- Reporters who have already undergone training at ACME on effective coverage of oil, gas, and mining.
- Any other reporters that editors nominate because they have demonstrated interest in data journalism/extractives reporting.
Only 12 places available.
The training will help participants:
- Gain an appreciation of the importance of data in storytelling.
- Explore datasets to find the stories and insights they hold.
- Tell and visualise data-driven stories.
DEADLINE: Submit your application by close of business on WEDNESDAY, 17 JULY 2019.
Please note that this is a fully residential training.
For any questions, call 0772575140.