African Centre for Media Excellence (ACME) invites journalists in Kampala, Kasese, Soroti and Jinja with one to two years experience to apply for its Foundations of Journalism training workshops. The three-day workshops, supported by the Democratic Governance Facility (DGF), are aimed equipping new journalists with the knowledge and skills to effectively investigate and cover public affairs.
Who can apply
- Print, radio, television and online journalists with no more than two years experience.
- Journalists with no/limited formal journalism training are particularly encouraged to apply.
Media and society; traditional and new storytelling forms; framing the news; story pitching; sourcing; interviewing skills; media ethics and law; using social media in reporting; and public affairs reporting.
Kampala, Kasese, Soroti, and Jinja. All programmes will be held in February and March, 2017.
The first workshop, which will be held in Kampala, will take place from 1-3 February, 2017. (UPDATE: Workshop completed)
The second workshop, which will be held in Soroti, will take place from 15-17 March, 2017.
The third workshop, which will be held in Jinja, will take place from 20-22 March, 2017.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following details:
- Letter of introduction and intent to participate in the course
- Explanatory note on potential use of training knowledge after the course
- Media house and name of editorial supervisor
DEADLINE for applications for the Soroti and Jinja workshops is 06 March, 2017.
Successful applicants will receive a letter of acceptance by 09 March, 2017.
Dates for workshops in other districts will be communicated in due time.