At the end of June 2015, ACME signed a grant agreement with the Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) to monitor media coverage of the 2016 elections. The purpose of ACME’s media monitoring project is to assess the nature of media coverage of the 2016 elections, document whether media coverage contributes to a free and fair election or subverts the electoral process, and promote professionalism in media coverage. It conceives of media monitoring as a process of constructive intervention whereby identified gaps and concerns about coverage are addressed before the elections with media houses and journalists, based on electoral reporting guidelines agreed to by stakeholders.
The project goal is to contribute to accurate, fair, impartial and balanced coverage of the 2016 elections.
- To monitor, document and share trends in media coverage of the 2016 general elections.
- To monitor media compliance with election reporting guidelines and regulations.
- To influence journalists, editors and media owners to provide information that is more accurate, impartial and fair.
- To empower civil society and the public to demand adherence to professional standards in media coverage of elections.
Will work closely with the Project Manager to identify election-related stories and enter data on coding sheets and the electronic system as appropriate.
Project Manager – Monitoring Media Coverage of 2016 Elections
- Identify election related stories
- Enter data on coding sheets and the electronic system as appropriate.
- Comply with data integrity and accuracy guidelines
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
- Perform any such related activities that will enhance the centre’s work in helping journalists seek and achieve professional excellence as well as helping to make Uganda media more reliable and credible sources of information on elections and vibrant forums for public debate.
A minimum degree in Journalism or Mass Communication.
WHAT APPLICANTS SHOULD DO
- Submit a cover letter/application
- Submit a CV
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Friday, 14 August 2015
1 July 2015 – 28 February 2016
SEND APPLICATIONS TO THE FINANCE ADMINISTRATION OFFICER at snalwera(at)acme (-) ug (dot) org and info (at)acme (-) ug (dot) org